- Our centre philosophy reflects the values and beliefs of our community and embodies Christian principles of care and support for the families in our community and for each other.
- We recognise that our unique bicultural heritage is founded in the Treaty of Waitangi and that our children have a right to experience the languages, music, art and stories of the cultures of Aotearoa. We welcome, value and respect the diversity of families regardless of ethnicity, socioeconomic status or culture.
- We believe that the foundations for respectful relationships are modelled on God's relationship with us and are expressed through the biblical principles of love, joy, patience, faithfulness, peace, kindness, gentleness and self control. Our dedicated teaching team provide a quality teaching and learning environment that is unhurried, where adult's model and support children in developing and maintaining respectful and kind relationships with their peers.
- We believe God has given us this planet and it is our responsibility to preserve it for future generations and foster in the children a love and respect for the natural environment.
- Our programme is guided by the principles and strands of the New Zealand Early Childhood Curriculum (Te Whāriki He Whāriki Mātauranga mō ngā Mokopuna o Aotearoa).
- Children are supported by caring adults who have high expectations for all children and view them as capable individuals. Our curriculum encourages and empowers children to learn through play and through small and large group experiences which allow teachers to incorporate important skills necessary to give children the essential foundations for learning.
- We value our partnership with parents through an open and trusting relationship and encourage parents to participate in their children's learning.
- Ultimately we believe childhood is a fun time where there should be sprinklers in summer, face paint and bubbles, and time to dream explore and create.